This is one from the archives, from our trip to Bemidji, MN last summer. It's appropriate.
1. It's pretty much summer here in tha WV, and hot enough that we've had to use the air conditioning already.
2. We had our Third Annual Memorial Day party on Sunday; it was a great day for it. Good company and food was had.
3. We reprised our party for an audience of two on Monday; Mohnacky, the guitarist from our wedding and much-missed Charleston friend, is visiting from NYC with his girlfriend Megan. So we grilled with them again on Monday. Also, we're taking a long weekend away with them starting Friday. We're heading to the wilds of West Virginia! We'll be bunking in a cabin in the Greenbrier State Forest and doing some day trips for activities and sight-seeing. For sure, we won't have internet for four days. I expect that to be lovely.
4. My physical copy of Kate Bush's new album came today (Thanks, Amazon Prime!). The photography in the liner notes is pretty great, and I recommend fans pick up a hard copy.
5. I won't have internet this weekend, but I will have my laptop along, so I can upload the (hopefully) many photos I'll be shooting, and so I can work on my summer project.
6. Which brings me the Summer Project; I feel I should come clean about it so people can help keep me honest. I'm writing a Young Adult novel in three months this summer, starting today, as per this blog post by excellent writer Theodora Goss . I've gathered a small but mighty crew, I'm aiming for 1,000 words per day and a goal of 75,000 - 90,000 words total. So that's happening.
7. Dr. Nick and I have been married now for three years. Yay!
8. Dr. Nick is making me his Caesar salad; and then we're going to watch more Farscape. I have no complaints.
Things that have happened to me: